Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Another New Beginning

Today has been a whirlwind.  Dave, one of my most trusted family friends, drove from Maryland to my home in North Carolina to deliver a new companion to our home.  A three-year old bouncing baby boy that loves to be petted on.  He was suddenly on the verge of being homeless and Dave contacted me as soon as he heard.  He discussed driving down on Sunday and a half hour later he's telling me "I'm coming tomorrow between 12:30 and 1."  

The kitty in question was originally Dave's (maybe he was Josh's), but he gave him to another family after he had problems with the older cats.  The new family informed Dave yesterday they would have to give the cat away after several months because they were relocating.

His name is Pip, which I will always call him even if I do decide to call him something totally different down the road, and he's a bright-eyed boy that loves attention and has made himself at home in under a day.  No trauma, no spitting and hissing like previous cats introduced to our house, came in found his water dish 2 minutes after arriving.  Showed him the litter box, he casually checked out the room and I walked off.  Pretty sure after a 5 and a half hour ride, he needed a little privacy.

He's already sprawled out on my bed and shown me his belly and has been more affectionate than you'd expect for a brand new friend in a new environment.  Hoping Pip doesn't decide to follow Bootsy's path into training to become a Ninja Attack Cat because Pip goes up and down the stairs here silently, where Bootsy gave you plenty of warning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...