Thursday, May 25, 2017

Tales of the Road

Crazy, crazy weekend(s).  The Chapel Hill journey went smooth as glass and the Burlington trip was a pretty cool afternoon overall.  CWF packed out Hargrave Community Center and had a vocal crowd from bell to bell.  Only problem was parking, as Carolina and Duke both graduated that afternoon.  Returned to Gibsonville this past Saturday to record 3 episodes of #CWFWorldwide and then to Burlington for Benefit Championship Wrestling on Sunday.  Sunday was a fun one that raised $1630.00 for Relay For Life's fight against cancer.  Matter of fact, on preview photos, I captioned them as "This is what raising $1630.00 in three hours looks like!"

This past Saturday night after the CWF event, I loaded the sound system into my car behind the building.  In the dark.  Carried a small rubber-covered flashlight in and out with me, sticking it in whatever pocket was available when I didn't need it.  Beat the storm and got home to realize I'd lost some cash, probably pulled out of my pocket by the aforementioned flashlight.  Sunday evening after the BCW event, I went behind the Sportatorium and took a look around.  Found my money.  Clean, dry, flat and perfect bills about 5' from the bottom of the stairs.  Right where I was parked when I loaded out.  Yeah.  I'd rather have stupid luck than just be stupid...

On the music side, today was the first day I sat down to try to pen some lyrics for the new "industrial" tune Tommy sent me almost 2 weeks ago.  Every time I'd messed with it before, "City of Misery" in a Manson-like sound was what I thought would come from this one.  But no.  I'm so contrary.  Sat down with the headphones and notepad and suddenly, I'm writing a story of Egyptian gods and the Eye of Horus.  You know what that is.  It's on the top of the pyramid on the back of one dollar bills.

Guess I should buy the t-shirt I saw today on Facebook.  It says "I'm not condonscending (that means someone who talks down to people)"...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...