Friday, February 14, 2020

Changing Priorities

Yep, it's time to change priorities.  That being said, I suppose I have effectively retired from the indy pro wrestling business.  I have been somewhat shocked and stunned by the lack of contact and communication from the majority of the folks I've been working with the past 20 years.  It's like I've fell off of the face of the freakin' earth.

It's ok.  As I said before, I got this.

I've been offered spots and a couple of positions, all of which I have declined, as things are already changing.  Someone contacted me about an event near Charlotte next month, asking if I could announce.  Well, to be honest, in order for me to do this event, I would have to rent a car, take the rental from my home in High Point to Burlington to borrow the ol' CWF PA system, then drive down toward Charlotte for the show.  After the show I'd have to run back to Burlington to pass the PA system back to the owner before returning the car early the next morning.  I don't think I'm willing to do that any more.  That's it.

It's not that I totally miss it, but I realize now how small of a cog in that machine I actually was.  I get kind of giddy seeing posters full of guys I've worked with over the years, especially ones where they are headlining in another city or state.  Some of "my guys" are representing us in WWE, NXT, ROH and AEW and many of the other alphabet soup of promotions and that in itself is exciting.  I wish them all continued success, growth and safety.  They're still my brothers and sisters.

On the music front, we're kicking it back up a notch after recording and releasing our third Rush cover, Tom Sawyer, in the last two weeks.  We've also recorded another new original, titled Perpetual Night, which I'm still waiting for the first mix of.  Tommy tells me he's working on yet another original and we're knocking around Rush cover #4, Spirit of the Radio in the near future!

Click here to listen to the new #RoxX release, TOM SAWYER!

All this and we've got some music videos to produce as well.  Our first three (this IS a learning process) show improvement in the progression, and right now we're kind of struggling to determine which original to produce on video next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...