Tuesday, December 13, 2016

My Personal Sanity

My personal sanity walks on all fours.  He's bi-racial, well actually he's black and white.  Kind of monochrome color scheme.  My sanity wakes me up several nights a week for a snack and has made himself at home both on my lap and on my desk.  He has already became the central figure of our household and makes demands on our time and attention.



Being someone's personal sanity is quite an undertaking but this individual seems up to the task and happy to be a part of our family.  We don't know his history before he showed up on my son's doorstep a few Christmases ago, but he's obviously traveled the world and is quite cosmopolitan in his attitude.  This street-educated fellow is quite fastidious and always looks sharp as a tack because he knows appearance is important.



The personal sanity business picked up earlier this year after my previous sanity became seriously ill and passed away.  I had already found new candidates for the job opening but the boss wasn't ready.  Out of the blue we get a message on Facebook from our adopted son Dave and he's offering to drive me a new personal sanity all the way from Maryland.  And the next day, he did.  



Pip, named from the Dickens classic, is easily the largest cat I've ever owned.  He's a sweetheart that loves to see someone make a move toward the kitchen because he knows that's where the kitty treats live.  He sleeps at my feet, often taking up half of the bed and wakes me up by patting my nose with his paw.  That normally results in me making a trip to the little boy's room and then following him to the kitchen downstairs for an early morning treat.  



Pip has been messing with the blinds in the kitchen lately so I cleared a spot for him on the table next to the window so he can see outside into the woods.  A couple of hours later I hear something hitting the glass and Pip making strange little sounds.  No wonder.  I walk to the window and there are squirrels outside hanging on trees and the privacy wall chattering at Mr. Cat.  I guess he told them.  He's inside in warm and cozy while they're outside looking for a nut.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...