Wednesday, June 26, 2019

She called me "Mr. Randy"

Yesterday, sitting in the living room after dinner watching television, we notice a couple of police cars rushing in and parking directly out front of our place.  A fire truck follows them in, then a third police car.  As the ambulance pulls up, everyone else dons protective gloves before entering.  Minutes later, they're passing around face guards (spit shields) to those going back inside.  Then three more police cars, supervisors I'm guessing, unmarked cars arrived.  Paramedics, police and firefighters were in and out and relatives were starting to gather outside.

After 20-some minutes they finally enter with a stretcher and eventually they return to the ambulance with my neighbor's daughter on her side.  They sat in the ambulance for nearly another 20 minutes before shutting off the emergency lights and driving away slowly and silently.

Today, all I know for sure is that it was probably a suicide attempt, possibly successful?  The media and police will not report any details on anything remotely associated with someone attempting to take their own lives, which I understand.  


I've watched this young woman grow up from a little girl.  She's lived here nearly 8-9 years and when she first moved here she was a bright-eyed sidewalk chalk artist that was exceptionally polite and energetic.  I don't know her name, I never asked, I normally referred to her when I saw her the same way every time, "Hello beautiful!"  She called me Mr. Randy when she was small. 

Is it wrong that my eyes are a little wet right now?  Not knowing sucks, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...