Monday, October 1, 2018

It's Officially Autumn?

Yes, it's not stifling hot 24-7 and it IS dark before 7:30, so I will admit it must be autumn once again.  Supposed to still be hot all week, so I may change my judgement at a later date.  Still have two fans running in the house, the windows down and the AC on.  Partially because of my neighbor's miniature Dobermans that bark constantly, partially because of our allergies I suppose.  

Finished up the wildest original yet on Saturday, well the vocals and effects anyways, for what I assume will be our Halloween tune for this year.  The song is called Dead Again and describes the brutal murder of our hero who is in the hospital recovering from a trauma that caused him to...yeah...die on the operating table only to be brought back.  It's creepy to the max, I got to expand my vocal role to sound effects, echoes and growls but it has a great hook that should be over with the musically inclined.  We hope anyways.  Tommy released "Any Time At All" Saturday on SoundCloud, another Beatles cover under the #RoxX banner!

Four straight weekends of wrestling upcoming in October, three at the Sportatorium and the final our return to Chapel Hill NC.  The 18th Annual CWF RUMBLE is this Saturday (10-6), the RGL returns the following Saturday, CWF Mid-Atlantic again the next and then off to Chapel Hill.  Jacked about the Rumble, it's going to be BIG this year, I can feel it in my bones.  Tickets for any of these events ANYTIME at cwftickets.com (unless event is SOLD OUT).

When you pay more for rent than you believe the property to be worth, you notice things like poor exterminator service provided by the owners.  My kitchen was over-ran with ants late in May and I called and asked for an exterminator.  Of course I spent the next 4-5 hours scrubbing, exterminating, spraying and cursing until every one of them were gone.  We left for a couple of hours and when we returned, nothing crawling so I assumed the exterminator had came in while we were away.  Two weeks, yes WEEKS later, the maintenance guy shows up with an exterminator's sprayer and says "I hear you got ants."  He didn't spray inside since he didn't see any, but did spray down the back side of the apartment which faces the woods.  Mid July I had the same problem, handled it myself again, left a message on the property manager's machine.  Nothing.

This time I left the message early on Saturday morning asking if they could tell me when the last time an exterminator actually walked into my apartment, despite the fact I have seen them at the apartment next door 3 times in a month.  I also raised hell on the message about losing sleep over my neighbor's dogs barking all night after the police left around 10:30.  Yeah, neighbor dude likes to slam his girl into the living room walls between slaps and punches, police were here around 8pm, along with her parents, who eventually left with the tiny baby in tow.  Police left, girl leaves for the night leaving the dogs in their kennels to bark all night.  Yeah.  Gotta love people.  Not sure if he's in jail for a cool-down period or what, but his car is here and he's not.  Last time he whooped her up he left in his car and stayed out of sight for nearly a month before moving back in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...