Monday, October 2, 2017

Terror Close To Home

I'm on the other side of the country from Las Vegas, but it touched right here last night and this morning.  A friend here in High Point has a daughter that goes to Vegas for weekends and actually had tickets for last night's Jason Aldean concert.  She did not attend and had rather given her tickets to another friend.  The friend that attended's girl friend was shot in the leg at the show, but she should be fine according to friends.  Not enough degrees of separation between this kind of hate and home.

Violent gun incident in the US?  Cue the Gun Control freaks.  Certain to make the most of this opportunity, seeing how the media is only focused on NFL players protesting currently.



Pip had a bad night last night.  I was exhausted from the no-sleep road-trip weekend and he woke me around 2am swatting jewelry off of the dresser.  I retaliated by throwing my glasses case at him and he ran downstairs.  Total silence for every bit of six minutes and then CRASH!  I hear things from the living room credenza hitting the floor and being knocked over and jump out of bed hoping to save the lamp.  I come down the stairs to find Pip hanging from the top of the living room window, under the blinds, trying to climb higher with his back feet kicking like mad. 

I grabbed him, tossed him over to the couch and he jumped right back up there a second time.  Grabbed him again and put him on the couch and turned to start putting stuff back where it belongs and he dove between the glassware on there and the window, scratching at the glass all fuzzed up.  I turn on the porch light and see a mostly orange cat sitting casually under our window watching the Pip Experience from outside, and he saunters off after a second or two after realizing I was standing there looking at him.  Pip didn't wake me again.


He did, however, tell me he was sorry this morning by stretching out across my lap on the couch and burying his face in my hand.  Guess it's true, there's a fine line between sanity and insanity.



Happy Spocktober everyone!  Live Long And Prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...