Sunday, January 7, 2018

A Damn Cold Beginning

2018 kicks off with record cold temperatures here in God's Country and I guess it's ok to say that Mr. Trump has fixed Global Warming in his first year in office.  First time my water here has frozen up in 17 years.  At least it was stupid.  Yeah, stupid.  Water frozen solid, maintenance puts in an electric heater in the utility room and tells me to call them when the water starts running.  It didn't.  Got a hotel room at the Marriott next door and wore out their huge Euro-style shower.  Checked out, came home and maintenance comes back asking if I have water yet.  Nope.  Well, let's go take a look!

Out to the utility room, he opens it.  The heater is running and the light is on.  It's cold as &@^# in there!  He walks around the building to the vacant apartment next door's side and the door is standing wide open.  Which explains why my water froze up in the first place.  Ten to twelve minutes later my water returned with a roar.  Kept it dripping since, but I'm hearing frozen water stories everywhere.



Very successful weekend in the studio.  Finished Beatles tracks "If I Fell", "Anytime At All" and "Yes It Is" as well as new original "Unwavering Light".  I've got demos and rough mixes of all of these except "If I Fell" and am freaking out kind of hard.  The new original shows off a lot of what we've learned learning and performing these complex Beatles tunes.  Wait until Tommy releases "Yes It Is".  I still can't believe that is US singing these songs!  We still #RoxX!

I imagine we'll focus on new originals as soon as we have more to concentrate on, Tommy's still on mad overtime working six days a week.  Figures he won't have another week-long break until April.  We've knocked around doing some other covers down the road and the next one may be "I Got The Fire" by Montrose.  Or it may even be a Judas Priest tune.  I dunno, with the release of "It Won't Be Long", we still have three Beatles tunes unreleased as well as five originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...