Thursday, March 1, 2018

Mo Better Update?

Wrestling is rocking along with a new life again, RoxX is rolling along with a couple of more songs recorded since my last post here and things are looking good all around for a change.  Even Pip is living the life, eating, sleeping and sleeping some more.  Karen's actually talking retirement, says she's not going through another Christmas season in retail, but if I know her she'll be looking for a part-time job within a week of retiring.  I'd bet on that.

Happy as a clam to have our old buddy Shane "Hurricane" Helms with us again, heck, he's holding our Worldwide Television Championship currently!  We're running the Sportatorium Saturday for a CWF Rising Generation League event called THINGS DONE CHANGED!  Saturday the 10th CWF Mid Atlantic returns to Hargrave Rec Center in Chapel Hill NC for CWF THE BIG PAYBACK!  Saturday March 17th the "Hurricane" Shane Helms returns to the Sportatorium for CWF Mid Atlantic's GREEN WITH ENVY!  Tickets available at cwftickets.com.



Tommy and I hit the studio on Monday (yes Monday) of last week and recorded a surprise song he sent me only Sunday.  Backstory is that he discovered the drum track, which he had did maybe 15 years ago for a one-off one-man performance at his company's Christmas Party.  So he built the song around it, sends it to me on Sunday and calls Sunday night inviting me over Monday to record.  Long story short, we finished Rush's Limelight, I doubled my parts and we moved on to our newest original "It's Gonna Be Alright".  I've called this a "Tom Petty" song because it was written very similar to a Petty song, but I feel it came out a little closer to a Traveling Willbury's tune.  Still haven't heard the first mix of it yet, but I'm driving around in the car just to listen to Limelight...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...