Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Satan Vacations In the Tarheel State

Satan vacations in North Carolina?  If he doesn't he's missing weather aimed to please him.  Ten degrees above the average temp yesterday, hotter today.  We're getting August in June with a rising humidity.  All of this on the heels of our late spring monsoon season.  I really dread an afternoon shower, with this heat it will be an ugly electrical storm it one comes over.  Weather on tv saying "hotter and higher humidity".  Thanks for dropping by and remember, it's not technically summer until Thursday!

Tommy's on "crazy overtime" once again, but has sent me new music for covers of the Beatles' "I Will" and Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" and I'm champing at the bit to go back to studio with these two favorites.  He also told me he thinks the next one will be another original, which I welcome openly.  Seriously considering pulling out the guitar and work on something different but with strings over a year old, I quickly remember why I don't.  Heh.  I should sell the Ovation, the Jag bass and the Fender Rumble 75 w bass amp.  I haven't picked them up on months.  Keep eyeing a couple of new guitars I'd like to get my hands on, particularly the Eastwood Moderne (50's Gibson design) and Eastwood Backlund 100, currently being used by Todd Rundgren on the Utopia tour.  The Backlund series ALL have a beautiful retro look to them, similar to 50's car lines and color combos.  Matter of fact, here are the three colors available in the Backlund 100 line in blue, red and black:



In case you don't know, Pip rules the roost in our home.  He has the center command seat and uses his authority to get what he wants.  Especially between 2 and 4 am when I am required to walk all the way downstairs to the kitchen to watch him eat.  He won't leave me alone until I do just that.  Otherwise, it's jumping on the dresser and swatting jewelry in the floor all the way to knocking over a canned drink sitting on the nightstand.  And that pitiful little meow like he's about to die.  Being old and waking up in the middle of the night is an opportunity to go to the bathroom, so downstairs isn't all that much of a big deal.  Yet.  We'll see going forward.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...