Monday, November 5, 2018

Rasslin' and RoxX Updates!

Chugging right along on the pro wrestling front, leading into the big year ending anniversary event, CWF BATTLECADE XIX!  I've met a LOT of quality guys and girls over the years through this crazy sport, but I've had the pleasure of meeting my first actual "Frenchman" recently, a young man who traveled to the US to train at the CWF Dojo for several months, Ulysse "OPA" Demos (pronounced "YOU-lease").  I was told "he's going to be your next best friend" when I met him and the first thing he shared was that he played bass and sang in a band at home.  Yup, kindred spirit indeed.  He's became a fan favorite quickly as well as a locker room favorite.  When he leaves NC to return home to France in December, there won't be a dry eye in the house.  We got some more history to make.  I'd love him to return home as some kind of a "star" for making the journey to America and living with Americans and seeing the country and meeting our people.  


Music front continues to chug along with more RoxX originals ready to record, more to write lyrics for and another suggestion that Tommy has made happen.  Our next cover song will be the classic rock staple "Venus" by the Shocking Blue.  Tommy flat NAILED the music.  Nailed it.  Hope I can cover my end of it half as well as he has!  I accept the challenge!  I'm still bouncing off the walls over "Message In A Bottle" and how it turned out that I'm ready for almost anything.




Back to the wrestling thing for a moment.  There have been times I've wanted to quit forever, there have been times I wouldn't miss it for the world.  One of the reasons I stick around is seeing how folks that came through our little world have progressed and moved up through the business.  I've had the sweet opportunity to "mentor" a couple of young ladies in the ring announcing business and currently I am seeing them BOTH appearing on our events together.  I have always thought CL Party was a babe, a pretty face that can remember a large amount of info in a short amount of time before explaining it to the world, but now that I get to spend some quality time with her, I've really became quite smitten with her.  My first love, my protege, "Miss" Chasity has returned and I get the warm fuzzies every time I see her smiling face.  The first night they announced a segment together, I melted.  So proud of these young women and can't wait to see what the future holds for both.  And I also need a photo made with BOTH of these dolls together.  For posterity.  Yeah, posterity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...