Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018: The Last Hurrah

CWF BATTLECADE XIX is in the books and history was made with three champions being crowned and a long-time champion retaining his title against an army of All Stars.  The building sold out two days before the event and it was wall-to-wall.  I got to spend some time with my two favorite dolls, Chasity and Christie, probably made an ass out of myself with guest announcer Brian Hughes and found out a long-time friend was making his last appearance that very night.  I totally understand his decision, I back whatever he chooses to do, but it's not like he's suddenly decided he didn't like to wrestle any longer.  He's adulting, and I really hope to see his smiling face again soon.  Gonna be a big hole there where he usually is.  Miss him already.  Glad I thought to get a photo before we left...This bright young man is a rock.  He's steady.  He's capable and willing.  He will excel at ANYTHING he goes for.  And you just thought he was a sneaky All Star!



Tommy and I recorded the Beatles' "She Loves You" on Thursday, I've yet to hear a rough mix, surprisingly.  Seems Tommy has re-recorded a few of his backing vocals and may have re-did yet another guitar part in the never-ending search for freakin' Beatles PERFECTION!  We're thinking "A Hard Day's Night" next and even knocking around "Nowhere Man" and talking about "She Said She Said".  So basically, I did tell him "let's do them ALL!"  Really.  I did.  It's how I roll.  #RoxX  Oh, and enjoy the fashion of the day below on the record sleeve!



And that's the way it was, in 2018.  The year that spent more time on the highway barely crawling than driving the posted speed limit.  The year some clown thought he could smash into my car and drive off without consequence.  The year that I was attacked by two HPU executives and two different city lawyers on the newspaper opinion page.  The year I witnessed Karen stand up to our landlord and flat tell her to her face "this is B---S---!"  The year I have been conditioned to think that it's normal for my nearly 30 pound cat to jump on me to wake me up at least once a night from a deep sleep.  The year your GPS is nowhere near current with highway construction projects.  I could go on.  But I would probably get depressed!

Be safe ya'll.  It's full-blown idiot season on the roads today, remember to drive defensively.  Also, if you drink, please don't drive, the life you save may be MINE!  Have a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...