Thursday, December 6, 2018

Back At It...RoxX & Rasslin'

Went back into studio this past Saturday and recorded vocals for new original "Smoke And Mirrors", received same song's first mix and I'm blown away with it!  Another almost 50's style crooner's tune, sang very softly.  You know, a tear-jerker!  Also got the latest mix of "There's A Place" and it's almost perfection.  Third mix of "Message In A Bottle" makes me think that will be the cover Tommy releases Saturday...Still having a blast being #RoxX although we have discussed considering an actual "band name".  He's also been considering how we could pull a live (with tape) performance and the problems with running sound and the equipment required to execute such a project.  His thoughts include playing different instruments on different songs as well as him singing backup.  I think the possibilities are endless.

Really gonna miss my new friend Ulysse "OPA" Demos when he flies home Sunday to France.  His country is in turmoil and flames while he proved himself to be one of the most sincere and coolest customers I've met in years.  Should he ever get the honor, he would make a wonderful Ambassador to the United States on behalf of France, but I would expect a branch embassy to be erected in Gibsonville NC.  Know whut I mean?  I'm sure Ulysse will be an instant celebrity at home after spending time in the US and training with American wrestlers.  As a group, we've made sure his time in America will be unforgettable and that we'll always be family in our lifetimes.  I just wonder how badly some of those who are much closer to Ulysse than I are going to take his departure?  I saw eyes getting misty weeks ago planning for his last night in town...

Wrestling memories?  I can't and will never forget Kameron Jenkins.  The look in his eyes when he got to talk to his favorite wrestlers, the excitement in his voice when he was remembered by name.  That young man treated me like I was special even when he was incredible pain.  I loved having a few minutes with him at ringside, he always shared what he'd like to see, who he'd like to see wrestle and what he liked about the last event.  He was so very smart and nothing got past him.  But the way he looked at me, like he admired me or what I stood for.  I am still humbled to have been his friend.  I'll see you again young man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...