Sunday, December 23, 2018

Newsprint, Enunciation & Christmas!

It's been a crazy few weeks, Karen's on severe retail schedule and I'm on a one week break from rasslin'.  Awoke this morning (Sunday) around 6am by Karen who's telling me from downstairs that the High Point Enterprise had published their interview with our French "exchange student" Ulysse Demos.  Great article, more than a full page including photos with an advertisement on page one pointing to the feature page.  And lo and behold, that's ME they interview about our friend Ulysse.  [That's how they justify doing the story, a connection to High Point!]  I have been immersed in NFL football the past couple of days (again) and working on a collaboration project with Tommy and a couple of British musicians.



Guitarist Phil McWalter and drummer Rick Medlock came on board for a collaboration with myself and Tommy covering Stevie Wonder's iconic "Superstition".  I thought I was finished with my vocals in studio but our British friends noticed something I had not, the fact I was dragging out some lines in the song where Wonder is precise and concise in his delivery.  I don't think there's much to actually change, as I recorded most of my lines with the original playing in my headphones.  I sang along with Stevie for hours!  We're back to work on vocals Wednesday or Thursday of this week, more studio time!



Had a young lady who works at a breakfast/lunch counter I frequent tell me "I've seen you sing here in High Point before, I know I have."  I'm kind of taken aback, so I ask, "When have you been in my shower?"  I'm thinking "No way she was at the City Lake for that one Nathan Hunt gig."  She continues by saying she sings, plays guitar and mandolin and if we needed a chick singer, let her know.  Funny, there IS a young woman working in the same place I've told Tommy about, a sweetie who has sang gospel in a family group.  She keeps asking me to bring her something so she can hear what we do.  I probably will after Christmas.  



Wishing you all some PEACE in your lives.  Have a Merry Christmas, be safe and we'll see you at ringside again on the 29th for CWF Battlecade XIX!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Here We Are!

Well, Here We Are!  Still in a pandemic panic, media driven, Democrat-approved, still arguing the November election.  All of that "new ...